Is coconut oil suitable for pan frying?

2
Anonymous Posted

Is coconut oil suitable for pan frying?

0
Rom Shark

My wife uses coconut oil for hair:)

0
Mary Francis

Frying involves submerging a food in hot oil.

The ideal temperature is around 350-375°F (176-190°C).

When a food is submerged in oil of this temperature, its surface cooks almost instantly and forms a type of “seal” that the oil cannot penetrate.At the same time, the moisture inside the food turns into steam, cooking the food from the inside. The steam also helps to keep the oil out of the food.If the temperature is too low, the oil will seep into the food, making it greasy and sickening. If the temperature is too high, it can dry out the food and oxidize the oil.

Studies have shown that even after 8 hours of continuous deep frying at 365°F (180°C), its quality does not deteriorate .

0
profwrite01

Yes. Coconut oil is a absolutely good option. There is no doubt and no harm. For your more information I would like to add some points. Today coconut oil is using for many medicine and cosmetics products. But unfortunately, the actual value has been hidden due to some unknown reason. However, if you can use pure coconut oil as a daily practice, it is very much good for your both physical and mental health.

0
Kumar Dave

Coconut oil is very stable unlike many other cooking oils  and can withstand high cooking temperatures because it has a high constitution of saturated fats. It is also perfectly suitable for sauteing, baking, roasting, and even frying.

2
Maria Collins

most, if not all nut oils, burn when you try to fry with them. they have a very low burn point and you have to watch them like a hawk. I have not tried coconut oil specifically, but when you fry with peanut oil, it helps to add a little bland, or tasteless oil with a higher smoke heat, such as vegetable oil.