Is downloading from Limewire and torrent sites illegal?

0

0

downloading is not illegal… but downloading pirated softwares/movies/…any electronic content is illegal.. you can download non-pirated legal software from torrents and its legal..

0

I don’t know about isohunt.com. From my understanding of Limewire, I don’t think it is illegal. People copy copyrighted or protected material all the time. The problem typically comes in when people copy material and distribute the material for a profit. Now, that’s illegal.

0

Yep, downloading anything for free without the creator’s permission is called piracy, and it’s illegal. I’m pretty sure that they don’t send people to jail anymore though, because half of our country’s taxpayers would be sitting in jail, NOT paying taxes. I’m pretty sure that if the government is concerned enough about your downloading, then you can get your computer confiscated and wiped. If you’re paranoid about it, I think if you pay the $20 a year or however much it is to Limewire, then they take responsibility if you’re ever sued.