0
Q:

Is it appropriate to have a money box at a 50th Wedding Anniversary party?

0
It is almost never a good idea to have a money box at a party. If you are inviting only very close family and friends, who know the financial situation, you can tactfully suggest that a cash gift card would be appreciated. I have heard of a money tree which is a small branch with several small pieces sticking out to tape money on, but I've never seen one. I believe they are more common at charity fund raisers. more
answerbag.com

0
When my in laws had their 50th, their daughter made a money tree - where people could attach money. I never had seen this before, not at an anniversary party. The sister in law said it was to send mom and dad on a kind of second (3rd or 4th - lol) honeymoon. It's done, but I don't know if it is appropos or not. more
answerbag.com
0

I am sure in some circles of society a money tree would be completely out of line but in my line of work, as a caterer, I've seen money trees everywhere. Some guests would rather give cash than have to go shopping for a gift. In many instances, the 50th anniversary couple were going on a trip after the party and used the money for that. A gift is a gift, regardless of what type it is. It could be a dish of food for the party or cash for the money tree. I think the best one was where someone had tied gold rings on the manzanita tree and had pretty note pads beside it so the guests could write a note to roll up with the money and stick them in the ring holders. The invitations had indicated to please do not bring gifts but there would be a money tree at the event so everyone that would have been offended by the money tree would not have come to the party!

...