Is it possible to view a movie in a theater once the reel of film has been broken?”

0

0

Mitchell native Jeff Logan knew there was something special about the movie business when he noticed the windows of his projection booth vibrating during a 1970 showing of Robert Altman’s film “M.A.S.H.” “People were laughing so hard it was rattling the windows,” said Logan, 58. “I thought to myself that if a movie can bring so much happiness to so many people, that it must be a pretty cool business.” With nearly a half-century of movie biz under his belt, he still thinks so. As president of Logan Luxury Theatres Corporation, Jeff Logan rides herd on theaters in Mitchell, Huron, and Dell Rapids — the latter an art deco classic that has earned raves from movie buffs. The company also owns the Starlite Drive-In, one of the state’s six remaining drive-in theaters. It has been listed by Time magazine as one of “50 Authentic American Experiences.” As a student at the University of South Dakota at Vermillion, Logan was on track for a career in advertising and broadcast journalism when he ret