Is there any danger to a wonky earlobe piercing?

0
Posted

Is there any danger to a wonky earlobe piercing?

0

Firstly how did you sterilise everything? Do you own an autoclave or an ultrasonic? If not then I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the stuff you used was merely clean not sterile and still had bacteria in it which can cause infection. This is because some bacteria are resistant to burning / boiling / alcohol and actually take temperatures of 121c or higher under a high amount of pressure for 30mins or more to be killed off. Also if you didn’t use a hollow piercing needle then you have likely caused a lot of trauma to the area which is likely to result in a longer healing process and heavier scarring – meaning the piercing may be very difficult to stretch. I’d also be concerned about the jewellery you used seeing as a lot of metals (even gold) are unsuitable to be kept in the body for a long time and can cause allergic reactions. Butterfly back earrings have the added horror of being a trap for dead skin, crusties and bacteria – increasing infection rates! As from the dangers of it

Related Questions