My computer scored lower on the Windows Experience Index after I installed a new graphics card. Why did the index rating go down?

0

0

The Windows Experience Index rating is intended to reflect how a system will run applications. It measures video memory bandwidth (in mega bytes per second) and converts it to a score between 1.0 and 5.9. If the graphics hardware does not support DirectX 9 graphics, then the system receives a graphics score of 1.0 regardless of driver type. If the system supports DirectX 9, but does not have a Windows Vista Display Driver Model, the system will then receive a graphics score of 1.9 at the most. Assuming the new graphics card you have installed supports WDDM, your graphics card should have optimal performance. An additional option is to refresh your Windows Experience Index after installing new hardware.