My planned course load makes a two-semester investigation impossible. Can I register for SIR for just the fall semester or just the spring semester?

0

0

No. While interested students are encouraged to create and conduct investigations of any duration, to register and receive credit for SIR during the academic year the student must participate in a two-semester investigation. If you would like to earn SIR credit but seek a shorter timeframe, consider registering for summer Student Inquiry and Research. Note that summer investigations are expected to be equivalent to typical two-semester experiences and must meet the same program requirements that are specified for the academic year program. Contact the SIR Coordinator for the registration deadline for summer SIR.