Please can anyone help. When sulphuric acid is absorbed into wood and becomes sulphate is it still harmful?

0
Posted

Please can anyone help. When sulphuric acid is absorbed into wood and becomes sulphate is it still harmful?

0

When onions make your eyes water it is because of a chemical that turns into sulfuric acid. I just wanted to put it into perspective. Obviously sulfuric acid is potentially much more dangerous than onions. The sulfide itself isn’t particularly dangerous and is used as a laxative like in epsom salts. The acid is very dangerous, especially to the eyes. After you clean it with water, add increasing amounts of baking soda to the water to make sure there is no more acid. Depending on the wood it might hold the acid for a while but probably wouldn’t be dangerous unless you are making skin contact regularly. If it is burning the eyes, you need to reduce the acid by adding a base, hence the baking soda in the water.

Related Questions