Recent news reports point to problems with security of DREs. What do I need to know about safety and security of DRE systems?

0

0

There are some legitimate concerns regarding the security of DRE machines. These include the fact that the source code is not public and worries that the vendors of the machine could manipulate the results in a way that would not be detectable to an outsider. There is disagreement, however, about how probable it is that malicious code could be written in the system without being detected by federal, state, or local authorities. Although these problems are real, they are fixable. Any modifications that are made, though, should not be at the expense of accessibility for all.