should i go on a cruise to Alaska on my honeymoon

Alaska cruise honeymoon
0

0

For what it’s worth, back in 2003 I went on a cruise up to SE Alaska by myself. If you go before Memorial Day, the cruises are far cheaper. I had lived in Ketchikan briefly in 1996, and I wanted to get back that way, but see more, and do it as cheaply as possible. As a suggestion, if you do go, try and get an “obstructed view” room. It is the same cost as an inside room, but has a window with a lifeboat in the way. Since you’ll likely spend most of your time outside the room, this will let you save money, but still have natural light in the mornings. Having priced out a cruise vs. taking the Alaska Marine Highway System, the cruise is cheaper, as you can get 10 days of travel, lodging, and and food for around $600/person (double occupancy). I would just suggest taking some time once you reach Anchorage (presuming a northbound cruise) to rent a car and do some traveling on your own.

0

I highly recommend an Alaskan cruise as a honeymoon, actually. I’ve been cruising to Alaska twice, and can also recommend Princess’ Mt McKinley/Denali extra three day add-on package (and we didn’t even cruise Princess, we just tagged along with them for the trip to Denali) because it goes deep into Alaska and strays off the well-traveled coast a wee bit. If you can fly into Vancouver, it adds a little more time in Alaska itself (depends on where the line starts, Seattle or Vancouver). Plus, Vancouver’s a *nice* place to start out in, gets you in the mood very well. I recommend any cruise that gets you through College Fjord, fyi. The coastline of Alaska/BC is beautiful, the towns are by turns twee (Haines) and stunning (Ketchikan), and you have both time to think/have mad sex (while cruising) and time to enjoy the views (excursions/port days).