0
Q:

Should teachers be allowed to date/marry FORMER students?

0
Teachers are legally allowed to date/ marry former students. This question brings to mind the concepts of "undue influence" and "conflict of interest" though. Teachers have the power (and the responsibility) to influence and shape young minds. In a relationship, the teachers can't objectively focus on solely the students' best interests. Very crudely put: there is a concern over the teachers taking advantage of their impressionable wards. In my opinion, it would be ideal if the former students are older and have a few years after graduation to grow up and see the world a little bit before making a decision to marry. It'd be good for both the teachers and students to wait. Then, if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. more
answers.yahoo.com

0
I think it's immoral, especially if their still teaching, then if some students figure it out it'd be creepy. more
answers.yahoo.com
0
Should they be allowed to? Yes. But i think it would be a situation that will end in divorce. The ex teacher would have too much power in the relationship and eventually the ex student will continue to grow up and demand some of that power back. A shift like this in any relationship is really rough and usually doesn't work long term. more
answers.yahoo.com

...