Was there any problem to try to sell a book of literary fiction after having published romance novels?

0

0

PR: Not to publishers. I have seen in some people who’ve written reviews of Hester, it’s really obvious who went to my website and found out that I was a historical romance author, because they come with the assumption that I can’t write literature. I had one reviewer say that it was a “bodice ripper.” I was like, “Tootsie roll, I wrote bodice rippers. Hester was not a bodice ripper. If you want one of those, I can produce one for you.” NW: How many books have you written in the ten years you’ve been doing this? PR: Including the one I just finished, eight. And I’ve published four of those. I try to make sure that I’m doing it as much for me as I am for a reader. The book I just finished, I don’t know how sellable it is. It’s kind of hard to fit into a genre. It’s a post-apocalyptic time travel. The post-apocalyptic part feels very old past. But I really wanted to tell the story. I don’t want to write just to sell. I want to write what I want to write. I’m not proud, I’ll change things