What are Scrubs?

medical supply nursing Scrubs
0

What are Scrubs?

0
Alison Hardy

If you are looking for some good scrubs, I recommend that you check out ELLE medical apparel, for example. I am pretty sure that you will find it helpful and working for your needs. It is a really cool and trusted manufacturer. Good luck with it, hope I was helpful here

0

Scrubs are a uniform that generally consists of a simple, cotton, short-sleeved shirt and drawstring pants. They are worn in a medical environment. The name scrubs is derived from the practice of physicians thoroughly washing or scrubbing their hands before performing surgery. Traditionally, scrubs are light green, but modern doctors, nurses, and other medical personnel are choosing scrubs in brighter colors and even patterns. It’s hard to believe, but up until the end of the 19th century, surgeons performed operations dressed in street clothing, which they covered with an apron similar to those worn by butchers. Operating rooms were no more than large auditoriums, and surgeries were performed without the benefit of a sterile environment. Surgeons did not wash their hands before operating, and instruments were not sterilized. It is no wonder, then, that in the middle of the 19th century, nearly 50% of surgical patients died of sepsis. Joseph Lister, a British surgeon, was concerned abo