What are the user.cfg commands to assist with router IP/port issues that were added in 1.02 and how do I use them?

0

0
Alex Wolzchkov

Use whatsmyrouterip in this way. It means that you have to add your router ip address to the database. Just add it to the user.cfg and everything will be fine

0

OverridePort OverridePort will allow you to specify a port to use instead of relying on UPnP or our port discovery process. This is useful when you have multiple PCs behind the same NAT and you want to use port forwarding. Example: You are on a network with several other people trying to play age3 and you have access to the router settings. So you override the game on each computer to use a different port; Computer A gets overrideport=”2300″, computerB gets overrideport=”2301″, etc. Then you setup the port forwarding on the router to properly forward data sent on those ports to corresponding ip address of the machine. To use: 1. First browse to the My Documents\My Games\Age of Empires 3\startup 2. If there is not a user.cfg file there create one. 3. Open the user.cfg file with a text editor; like notepad 4. enter OverridePort=”[the port number you want to use]” 5. save the file and close it. 6. Configure your Router to foward the port you specified to the ipaddress of the computer you