What causes my arms to fall asleep at night?

FeaturedAlternative Medicine
3
alan avak Posted

1 2 3 4 14 15 16
2
Attesam Ahmad

Hello Alan Avak!

Following are the possible reasons for the arms to asleep at night:

• Lack of vitamin B. It is most common in older adults and people who drink excessively.
  • Fluid Preservation which might be caused by many things like ingestion of high amount of salt and Fluctuations in hormone level.
  • Carpal tunnel syndrome which is caused when the median nerve is pinched or compressed.

Thanks

2
Khidir Mullah

It is because your hand or actually the nerve gets pressed due to which bloodflow stops or slows down which results in ur arm to sleep.

2
Linda Uwaoma

In lay man terms, there is pressure building up in those arms!

You probably rolled over to one of your arms and constricted them causing it to go numb.

Quick fix: get that blood pumping, shake the numb bit to get circulation going again. If it doesn’t work in about 5 minutes, go seek some medical help as it may be something more serious.

2
Athena Druid

Ignore Johnson Tan. He has NO clue what he is talking about and is just being a troll.

Now the REAL TRUTH that causesĀ  your arm to fall asleep whether it be night or day has to do with the MAIN nerve that goes through your arm. When that nerve is laid on wrong it causes a pinch, hence the tingling or numbing sensation.

1
Desired1 Monifa Monifa deleted comment

It is most likely when you have compressed one of the nerves in your arm under ur own weight by placing it at same place for a long time.

You don’t need to worry just do a little movement of your arm and it will be fine

1 2 3 4 14 15 16