What did you think of The Pact and Plain Truth airing as movies on Lifetime? Are any others going to make it to the big screen?

0

0

Let’s start with The Pact. Given that a book is NEVER a movie, I thought that Lifetime, and director Peter Werner, did a wonderful job. They targeted the movie to Lifetime’s audience, which is why it was about the women and not the two teens; and they treated teen suicide with great care and honesty and openness. They also went out of their way as a network to raise awareness of teen depression by using the movie, and that’s an incredibly proactive thing to do. Now – that said – I also believe that forty different movies could have been made from that single book! This was just one of the options. Plain Truth fared a little better for die-hard fans of the novel, because it followed the book much more closely than The Pact. It was the highest rated Lifetime movie of 2004, so apparently a lot of other people enjoyed it too. Plus, it was great fun for my family to have a cameo as an Amish family. I really enjoyed the adaptation of The Tenth Circle – the acting was top notch and the direct

0