0
Q:

What does a catheter feel like?

0
I assume you are talking about a urinary catheter (there are many types of catheters). While it is in, there will be a feeling of pressure until you adjust to it. It doesn't hurt...just annoying. Removing it is not a problem at all. It doesn't hurt...the nurse will deflate the balloon that holds it in place and then just gently pull on the catheter...it slips right out...you feel it slide out but there is no pain or discomfort involved. For a few hours after it is removed, you will have the feeling that you have to "go". MOdification: If you are not talking about a urinary catheter, feel free to email me and I will describe whichever type you were talking about. more
ar.answers.yahoo.com

0
I had two fusions, each with a catheter. Both were "installed" while I was asleep so I didn't feel it going in. This will be true for you also. I really didn't notice it when it was in. You'll be walking a bit with it in, but besides that, you'll be mostly in bed. There's not a lot of moving it around then. To take it out, they just pull it out. It is an uncomfortable feeling, but really no big deal. The people that said it was painful may have had it inserted while they were awake. They don't say. I know that it won't bother you, though. more
answers.yahoo.com
1 more source
Hide
0
It will be uncomfortable. Numbing gel is usually used before insertion. While it is in it shouldn't bother you too much. Some people feel like they have to pee all the time. Occassionally people have bladder spasms caused by irritation to the bladder. If this happens tell your doctor or nurse. There are medications that can help if that happens. Removal of the catheter is sometimes uncomfortable. The biggest complaint I hear is when you pass urine for the first time after the catheter is removed. There is usually some burning. Hope this helped, and good luck with your surgery! more
ar.answers.yahoo.com
0
A. It can cause discomfort in the rectum and at the tip of the urethra. more
ualtd.net
1 more source
Hide

...