What goes good with Fried Shrimp besides fries?
There are two really popular side dishes you could try:
- Onion rings
- Spicy Cauliflower
The onion rings are easy since you just need to deepfry sliced onions in a beer-battered bread mix for the right taste.
For the spicy cauliflower recipe, you’ll need the following:
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 3/4 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole mustard seeds
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1/4 cup finely shredded peeled ginger
- 5 cloves garlic, very thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), cut into large florets
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1-2 small red chiles, thinly sliced, seeds removed for less heat
- Heat the oil over high heat in a large skillet.
- Add spices and cook until golden (~1 min)
- Stir in the onion, half the ginger and garlic, and half the salt
- Cook until onions are tender and golden at the edges (~7 minutes). Turn off heat and set aside when done. Get another pan to medium-high heat and add 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Add half the cauliflower. Stir until brown on one side (~5 minutes)
- Repeat with second batch of cauliflower in a new pan, adding the other half of the ginger and garlic.
- Combine batches of cauliflower in pan.
- Add water and remaining salt. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook until tender (~7 minutes)
- Stir in chickpeas and chiles; cook uncovered until chickpeas are heated through and liquid is gone (~3 minutes)
- Stir in onions and serve.