What happens if my spouse doesnt pay their Court-ordered alimony or child support?

Write a comment...


Failure of a spouse or ex-spouse to pay Court-ordered spousal maintenance or child support is actionable by pursuing a judgment for arrearages and collecting as with any other judgment, or through a contempt citation process through the Court. Since child support is generally payable through a wage assignment, collection should be automatic. If the state is involved in a case with at least six months child support arrearages, the delinquent payer may also suffer restrictions or suspensions of professional, occupational and/or drivers licenses. The best direction you may take for collection depends on where the money or pressure points of the delinquent payer may be. more
Write a comment...
Thanks for your feedback!

Related Videos

Add your answer...

Not the answer you're looking for? Try asking your own question.