What if I need foreign exchange for maintenance expenses of close relatives abroad?

1

0

A resident Indian can remit upto USD 100,000 per calendar year towards maintenance expenses of close relatives abroad. A foreign national who is resident but not permanently resident in India and is a citizen of a foreign state other than Pakistan can transmit his entire net salary (after deduction of taxes, contribution to PF and other deductions) towards maintenance of his family abroad. The only document required to be produced is a letter detailing and certifying the details of remittance and the beneficiary to whom it is being made. In case of a foreign national who is resident but not permanently resident in India we would also need Salary Certificate / slip or any other proof giving net salary. Foreign Nationals need to give a declaration stating that the source of funds for the remittance towards the maintenance of close relatives abroad is his / her salary.