What Is a Quartz Countertop?

0
Posted

What Is a Quartz Countertop?

0

Though quartz is a natural occurring mineral, quartz countertops are engineered solid-surface countertops made from ground quartz. Manufacturers call them compressed quartz or engineered quartz. Quartz countertops are durable, low maintenance and deeply lustrous.CompositionQuartz countertops have 93 to 95 percent ground quartz. Industry standard is a minimum of 93 percent. The remaining 5 to 7 percent contains polymer resins and coloring agents.DurabilityExtremely durable, engineered quartz countertops won’t crack and they resist staining. Their solid surface makes them impervious to liquid and bacteria, and regular resealing isn’t necessary. Extreme heat, however, can damage quartz countertops.ColorsCompressed quartz comes in a variety of colors, from natural stone neutrals to bright red, orange or blue. Quartz granule size determines whether the color looks smooth or mottled. Mirror bits, stone or colored glass added to the mix makes for even more interesting results.InstallationBeca

Related Questions