What is Kotlin?

Technology
0
Frank Bell Posted

What is Kotlin?  I’m hearing this is a new language for Android?  Or could it replace Java?

0
Pratik Jain

Kotlin is an open source, statically typed programming language that supports both object oriented and functional programming. Kotlin provides similar syntax and concepts from other languages, including C#, Java, and Scala, among many others. This language designed and developed by by JetBrains.

1
Serj Jemass

It is a programming language.

1

Hi there, great question! Kotlin is the much anticipated coding language that the Android developers have been hankering for. Its official support was recently announced at the Google I/O 2017 keynote conference. This language is currently not replacing Java, but instead will work in unison with it since it is built on many of the same coding libraries. Eventually, I can see Kotlin as being the best way to develop since it is more precise and cuts back on overall development time.

Link: https://adtmag.com/articles/2017/05/22/kotlin-android.aspx