What is socially acceptable?

0

What is socially acceptable?

0

Its probably acceptable for black people to call each other that, because there are the same group its different, its pretty much simple as that.

0

Socially acceptable is usually what the dominant class in a society accepts as good! It can be anything! For exemple it was socially acceptable to be a Juice hunter in Germany during Hitler’s days, which was a pure crime…. but… socially acceptable this period of the history…

0

It appears to be socially acceptable because interviews with some celebrities, and random public surveys, revealed the “N” is OK to use within the Black race. I know some Blacks who do not condone use of “N” word at all. They don’t use it; and will admonish others who do so in their presence. I marvel at how it is referred to as if it is profanity— the “N” word. It is no less profane than calling somebody stupid to their face.

0

The same reason why it is socially acceptable for gays to call each other queer and *** and when anyone else does it is a homophobic remark. It is socially unacceptable to demean a person. The word ****** derives from niggard, meaning to act in an ignorant way. It is socially unacceptable because it was used in a demeaning manner by whites to classify a whole race. Blacks use the word, some knowingly and most unknowingly, as a form of sarcasm amongst one another and to show camaraderie.

0

I am a black person and I find it harsh when either parties say it. But to answer your question I guess it acceptable when black Say it because they are coming from the same place with it but when white or another race say it, it becomes a racial thing. Just don’t use the damn word.