0
Q:

What is the Appeals Council?

Answers

0
The Appeals Council exists to review Administrative Law Judge decisions. The Appeals Council is located in Falls Church, Virginia, and neither the claimant nor the attorney sees the people at the Appeals Council who are working on the case. more
jlclaw.com
/frequentlyaskedquestionsnsslist.nx...
This link is broken. Help us!
16 more sources
Hide

0
The Appeals Council exists to review Administrative Law Judge decisions. The Appeals Council headquarters are in Falls Church, Virginia. Neither the claimant, nor the attorney sees the people at the Appeals Council who are working on the case. more
socsecperspectives.blogspot.com
0
The Appeals Council exists to review Administrative Law Judge decisions. The Appeals Council is located in Falls Church, Virginia, and neither the claimant nor the representative sees the people at the Appeals Council who are working on the case. more
alphadisability.com
/index.html
This link is broken. Help us!
5 more sources
Hide
  • alphadisability.com
    / 
  • alphadisability.org
  • alphadisability.com
    / 
  • alphadisability.com
    /faqs.htm
    This link is broken. Help us!
  • alphadisability.com
    /faqs.htm#beyond
    This link is broken. Help us!
0
The Appeals Council exists to review Administrative Law Judge decisions. The Appeals Council is located in Falls Church, Virginia, and neither the claimant nor the attorney sees the people at the Appeals Council who are working on the case. Can I appeal a case beyond Social Security to the Federal Courts? Yes. After being denied by the Appeals Council, it is possible for a claimant to file a civil action in the United States District Court, requesting review of Social Security's decision. A Social Security disability claim can go all the way to the Supreme Court. Perhaps once every few years, the United States Supreme Court actually hears an appeal about a Social Security disability case. If I get on Social Security disability benefits and get to feeling better and want to return to work, can I return to work? Yes. Social Security wants individuals drawing disability benefits to return to work. For persons receiving Disability Insurance Benefits, Disabled Widow's and Widower's ... more

Related Experts

1. Ronna DeLoe
Appeals expert
6
...