What is the difference between a School Resource Officer (SRO) and a School Security Officer (SSO)?

officer Resource School security sro SSO
0

0

SRO == School Resource Officer: A deputy/officer of a local law enforcement agency who is uniformed, armed, possesses arrest powers and who is assigned to a Virginia middle or high school where he/she enforces the law, instructs law-related education classes, advises on crime prevention, investigates crime and serves as mentor and role model. SSO == School Security Officer: A person hired by a local school board, who usually wears a uniform, does not carry a gun, may detain but not arrest crime suspects, and serves mainly to safeguard occupants of their assigned school.

0
Edwards

It’s very simple, school resource officer is required to manage and produce all necessary resources for the school while on the other hand School Security Officer is required to make school secure. I think, you must see here now where I’ve written about it in very simple words but I hope that it will help you understand it.