What is the difference between a Soft White, Bright White and Daylight compact fluorescent bulb? How do I know which color temperature to choose?

0

0

Shades of white light are measured in degrees Kelvin, where lower degrees indicate yellower light and higher degrees indicate whiter or bluish white light. Soft White (2700° Kelvin) is the warmest option that most closely approximates a standard incandescent bulb. It is most often used in areas like living rooms. Bright White (3500° – 4100° Kelvin) is a whiter light than soft white and is most often selected for kitchens and bathrooms or work spaces. Daylight (6000° – 6500° Kelvin) is recommended for reading areas or for use in craft rooms and is a more bluish white that most closely approximates an outdoor overcast sky.

Loading