0
Q:

What is the difference between daily high/low temperatures and afternoon highs/morning lows?

0
You may be wondering why the daily high and low temperatures and the afternoon high/morning low temperatures are occasionally different. The daily high and low reflect the highest and lowest temperatures for the entire day, from 12:00 AM until 11:59 PM. Most of the time, the low occurs in the morning and the high occurs in the afternoon. However, this is not always the case. For example, on a day when a strong cold front moves through in the morning, the highest temperature for the day may occur early in the day as the colder air moves in, causing the temperature to fall during the afternoon. The afternoon high and morning low are necessary for me to be able to calculate my forecast accuracy on days such as the one in that example. more
martinsvilleweather.com

0
You may be wondering why the daily high and low temperatures and the afternoon high/morning low temperatures are occasionally different. The daily high and low reflect the highest and lowest temperatures for the entire day, from 12:00 AM until 11:59 PM. Most of the time, the low occurs in the morning and the high occurs in the afternoon. However, this is not always the case. For example, on a day when a strong cold front moves through in the morning, the highest temperature for the day may occur early in the day as the colder air moves in, causing the temperature to fall during the afternoon. The afternoon high and morning low are necessary for me to be able to compare the actual data with my forecast on days such as the one in that example. more
martinsvilleweather.com

...