0
Q:

What is the difference between the pre-AP (Advanced Placement) & pre-IB (International Baccalaureate) programs & which is better for my child?

0
I encourage you to look at the two programs, not so much as which is “better”, but which is the best fit for you. Think of the IB program as a “packaged” program which requires you to take mostly upper level courses in ALL core classes throughout your four years in high school. The Pre –AP/AP program allows you to “pick and choose” the upper level courses based on your academic strengths/weaknesses. Both offer highly demanding courses and an opportunity to acquire college credits while in high school. Attending both the IB information program and the Parent Orientation program (see Timeline) should help you get a feel for the direction you want to go.
schools.roundrockisd.org
/Westwood/.../faq.htm
This link is broken. Help us!

...