0
Q:

What is the tax form number for the custodial parent to sign that allows the noncustodial parent to use the child as a dependent?

0
The custodial parent should use Form 8332, Release of Claim to Exemption for Child of Divorced or Separated Parents, or a substantially similar statement, to release the exemption to the noncustodial parent. The noncustodial parent must attach the form or statement to his or her tax return. Please be aware that if the custodial parent releases the exemption for a child, the custodial parent may not claim a Child Tax Credit for that child. I have a court order that says I have the tax exemption for my minor child until further order of the court. Can I just send a copy of the court order with my prepared taxes, or do I have to have a waiver signed by the other parent? You must obtain a signed Form 8332, Release of Claim to Exemption for Child of Divorced or Separated Parents, or a substantially similar statement. more

...