What is train travel like in Ukraine?

train Travel Ukraine
0
Posted Alison Hardy edited answer

What is train travel like in Ukraine?

0

Train travel within Ukraine is slow, but relatively convenient, cheap and generally safe. As the prefered method of transportation in the country, trains can get you to and from almost any city, town, or village. Trains are also a great way to see the countryside and mingle with the local people. There are three classes to a train: 1st class (“sv”), 2nd class (“kupe”), and 3rd class (“platzkart”). 1st class tickets generally run two and a half times the price of a 2nd class ticket, and 2nd class tickets are generally twice as much as 3rd class tickets. 1st class is a pivate compartment consisting of two beds, a small table and electric outlets and mirror. Some of the nicer trains come equipped with a television on which you can watch movies (ask the conductor “provodnik” about the evenings selection or bring your own). 2nd class is a private compartment consisting of four beds a small table and mirror (odd numbered beds are on the bottom. In 3rd class 9 groups of 6 beds are partitioned

0
Alison Hardy Alison Hardy edited answer

Hello! Trains there are ok, I have to say. But I would like to recommend you to think about renting a car for you there. It will not be too expensive, and you will have a chance to see Ukraine more closely. I think you will like this idea!