What license type do I need/want – Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)?

0

0

Each state has its’ own unique laws regarding Professional Counselors. What they all have in common is that all of these programs require a Masters’ Degree in Psychology. Therefore, they are really generic and have no real distinguishing features. The MFT also requires the same Masters’ Degree in Psychology. 

It is worth noting that psychologists must have a Ph.D. or Psy.D. in psychology to practice psychotherapy while these "professions" can do so with just a Master Degree.

0

First, an applicant should determine the type of counseling practice that they want to engage in performing, i.e. clinical versus non-clinical. Clinical is defined as the ability to diagnose and treat mental health disorders.