What Makes Infrared Saunas So Unique Compared to Conventional Saunas?

conventional infrared saunas
0
Posted

What Makes Infrared Saunas So Unique Compared to Conventional Saunas?

0

A conventional sauna must rely only on indirect means of heat: First on convection (air currents) and then conduction (direct contact of hot air with the skin) to produce its healing effect on us. A Far Infrared sauna uses less than 20% of the infrared energy that heats the air, leaving over 80% available to be directly converted to heat within our bodies. Thus an infrared based system can warm its user(s) to a much greater depth and much more efficiently than a conventional sauna, as its energy output is primarily used to convert energy directly to heat in us and not create excessively hot air which only heats the skin superficially. This crucial difference explains many of the unprecedented benefits reported to be available through a Far Infrared sauna and not attainable through the use of a conventional sauna. The infrared energy may induce up to 2-3 times the sweat volume of a traditional hot-air sauna while operating at a significantly cooler air temperature range of 110 degrees t

Related Questions