What should a resume look like?
Best way to get an idea for your resume is Google “Resume Samples” this will give you a huge range of ideas, or even talk to a professional.
But all in all, your resume needs to have the following:
– Full name
– Date of birth
– Contact details, phone and email
– Skill set (no more than 10-15 points), if you have heaps pick out the most relevant and strongest points.
– Education, including any certificates, licences
– Volunteer work, if relevant to the position you are applying for or if you have gaps in your employment history.
– Employment history, should have the following;
– Employment dates
– Position title & company name
– What you did and accomplished (ie if you boosted sales but 20% in a quarter, put that in there)
– References, although they can be on a separate page.
You layout and font should be easy to read (I recommend Arial, size 12), professional and no more than 4 pages excluding references.
- Resume Squirrel offers resume writing services to help multiply your chances of securing a great job. Why should I use ResumeSquirrels professional resume writing service?
- When translating a CV into English, should the names of university courses be translated or left in the original language?
- What should a resume look like?