What to wear on a camping trip?

What do you normally wear to sleep in? Most of the time when I am out with my Boy Scout troop, most of the boys are wearing either gym shorts, or "loungewear" and a tee shirt. Depending on weather and your sleeping bag, you can wear long or short pants and shirts... just be aware if you wear shorts and a tee shirt that mornings always seem cold when you get out of a nice comfy sleeping bag at dawn... It's handy to have a nice warm shirt or light coat rolled up as a pillow so that when you get out of your bag you can throw clothes on and your shirt/jacket will be warm from your body heat, but not damp and smelly. more

it matters when and where ,plan on camping ,high desert wear jeans  boots or walking shoes, thin long selves  shirt annd a lite jacket in desert warm days cool nites. you not on being a runway model.wear warmer coat . if its in the pines long johns warm shirt and even warmer  boots