What’s the best kind of degree for the ministry to which I feel called?

best called degree feel ministry
0

0

In order to become an ordained deacon or elder in the UMC you will need an undergraduate degree (bachelor’s) in any major you choose. Those who want to be an elder will need a Master of Divinity, while those who are interested in serving as a deacon will need either a Master of Divinity or a master’s in their area of specialization – along with the established Basic Graduate Theological Studies. Some people who come to seminary have majored in religion while others have degrees in different fields such as education, business, social work, communications, etc. Additionally, you’ll want to consider any post-graduate education that may prepare you beyond a Master’s Degree (like a Ph.D. if you want to teach in a seminary). Seminaries each have their own required classes and curriculum and if you plan to be ordained you will need to check with your annual conference and seminary to make sure your classes will fulfill all the ordination requirements. Be sure to take a wide range, and don’t l