When I look on various miniature Texas Longhorn breeder websites I see wild fluctuations in price from one animal to the next. Why are prices so variable within this breed?

0

0

Many things are taken into account when setting the sale price for TLBAA registered miniature Texas Longhorns. Primarily breeders are looking at the quality of the sire and dam (blood lines), the height of the animal, the size of the horns, body confirmation, coat and color. Exceptional quality animals command a much higher price than animals that do not 100% fit the breed standard. This is the same situation with dog breeders. Show quality dogs command a much higher price than pet quality dogs. Additionally, some breeders are simply more proud of their stock than others.