0
Q:

Where is the Best Hookup Spot in Minneapolis, Minnesota?

0
Fhima's
6 W Sixth St
St Paul, MN 55101
(651) 287-0784
Stopped in here just for drinks before meeting friends at a different place. We sat at the bar. The bartender did make some great drinks but the service was slow. Apparently they had a DJ coming in too, because he was setting up while we were drinking. The place still has it's ambience and some of the trendy crowd still seems to be there, but it's lost some of it's lustre. I don't know that this can be attributed just to Fhima's though. For a while there St. Paul was the scene when all the places clustered around Lawson were new. They drew some of the Minneapolis crowd away and some of the 9 to 5'ers stuck around to check out the new places, but I think on the whole for the trendy scene St. Paul is played out. It seems with the new bars and clubs opening, once again Minneapolis is the late night destination. Pros + Still the same Fhima's Cons - *STILL* the same Fhima's more
yellowbot.com

0
View Restaurant and Lounge
2730 W Lake St
Minneapolis, MN 55416
(612) 920-5000
I've never had full on dinner at View, but it's the perfect happy hour spot! Also great for business meetings. They have great specials on appetizers and drinks, which can easily become a meal. I also love that their offer half sized salads. The spinach and fruit salad is AMAZING! Not overly fruity and the perfect vinaigrette to top it off. That with a glass of wine for under $10?! Excellent weeknight dining spot! Ambience is great and parking is surprisingly easy as well. Pros + great HH specials, upscale ambience, prompt weeknight seating more
0
Myth The Nightclub
3090 Southlawn Dr.
Maplewood, MN 55109
(651) 779-6984
Three of us went to a Rise Against show in Feb. of 08'. It started out with us walking to the Myth from a nearby hotel, I think it was at least 20 below. We stood in line for at least an hour waiting to get, which is fine, I can handle that. Once we got in, got our drinks and looked around, we saw that the majority of the people that were in the crowd were ages 15 to maybe 18, which made me feel a little uncomfortable about drinking because I tend to get out of control at these events, but that still didn't stop me from having a few. We watched the other bands that opened for Rise, they weren't bad, but when Rise came on, I dragged my friend down into the mosh pit, everything was going fine until I looked back at my friend and her face was covered in bl00d. Some dude knocked her in the nose, giving her a black eye and messing up her nose pretty bad. We crowd surfed to the front to get her to security, who then took her to a back room. I tried to follow, but the chick wouldn' more
0
Chino Latino
2916 Hennepin Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55408
(612) 824-7878
0
Lounge
411 Second Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55401
(612) 333-8800
I have fun at the lounge. They have 3 rooms with different music in each which is nice because it's kind of like bar hopping without going outside. I have always found the staff to be friendly and I enjoy the fact that most of the people who are there are not the drunken college students doing 21 shots on their birthday type. The only negative aspect is that a number of times I have been there and it was really dead. With three separate rooms, they really need to pack the place to make it feel full and sometimes the attendance is just pitiful. I had fun regardless but, would have enjoyed it more if I didn't have that sad "I threw a party and no one showed up" feel. Also, I went on one night when they advertised having belly dancers. I belly dance myself so I thought this would be really cool. However, it ended up being your standard gogo dancers wearing their bras and some kind of long fabric skirt thingy-- not even a proper belly dance costume let alone dance! Seriously, thes more
yellowbot.com
0
Brit's Pub
1110 Nicollet Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55403
(612) 332-3908
0
Martini Blu
615 Second Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55403
(612) 752-9595
Dinner 2/6/2004. A bar thats a restaurant? A restaurant thats a bar? A restaurant/bar thats a venue for... upscale posing, errr drinking and dining. I have no other Minneapolis experience with sushi, but on a scale of what each coast and the best landlocked sushi restaurants have to offer Blu is no better than average with below average feel. The overwhelming "Live DJ" mix made any thing other than sign language useless. Wine prices are excessive on a poorly organized list (vintages and appellations please) and yes champagne and sparkling wines do belong on the wine list. Service was average, as was the overall experience. Recommended as a last resort. Pros + Late Dining, Non Smoking Cons - , DID I SAY LOUD?, High wine markup more
0
Escape Ultra Lounge
600 Hennepin Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55403
(612) 333-8855
made reservation for VIP 1mth in advance for my big day at this place. I was very excited at how they sold it to me over the phone. I mean the price was steep but what they promised made up for it. Bottom line when I got there my party section was not reserved or decorated as promised. In fact they couldn't even remember that I had one reserved even though I called the night before to confirm it. Okay everything was a go right, well wrong. everything was total disappointment. I advise to never book a party at this place. I didn't have my party setup until after I got there (I"m glad I showed up 1hr before my guest) the cake didnt even have my name on it and I had to ask for a b-day shot out from the DJ my self (how fun). not to mentioned that they had my funds tied up for 10business days after I kept calling them to tell them I have a hold on my debitcard even though the price of my party was already deducted. not by surprise no one never returned my calls. after 4 tries I said ... more
0
Azia & Caterpillar Lounge
2550 Nicollet Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55404
(612) 813-1200
this is def a spot to go to and check out if your willing to spend an little extra money. its a little pricey yes, but you dont feel like you wasted money like you do at some other high end restaurants. the atmosphere is nice and relaxed. the servers are very nice and make sure your satisfied. dessert- ooh yess, white and milk chocolate dipped strawberries are to die for! never 1 complaint about this place more

...