0
Q:

Where is the Best Seafood in San Francisco, California?

1 2 3
0
Scoma's Fisherman's Wharf
Pier 47
San Francisco, CA 94133
(415) 771-4383
So, we get to Scoma's and sit in the lounge. Its crazy busy on this Sunday evening, but all the staff is happy and friendly, like they want us to come in and enjoy. We try the Anchor Steam, a local beer, but it wasn't to my Mom's liking. They happily gave her a free glass of wine at our table, which we didn't even ask for. Then, John B, our waiter, eloquently and efficiently helped us with our orders, and promptly brought us some sourdough bread from right down the street. That's right. THE SAN FRAN SOURDOUGH. Then, without a long wait at all, our salads arrived, an even though it was a starter salad, I could barely finish it. As the waiter brought entrees to the next table, he mentioned that they were smaller portions, as requested, and OMG! They were huge! And then it was our turn. The plates arrived, and WOW! The presentation was pure and simple. The 6 inch high filet mignon spoke for itself, and the whole, 2 Lbs. Roasted Dungeonous crab smelled so good......I could g more

0
Catch
2362 Market St
San Francisco, CA 94114
(415) 431-5000
I went to this restaurant on a double date a couple of months ago. Unfortunately, my blind date didn't like seafood, which could have been a problem, seeing that we were in a seafood restaurant. Instead, he ordered one of the many other dishes that didn't contain seafood. Most other places wouldn't have anything else, but Catch offers dishes other then seafood, which was extremely helpful in this case. We occasionally come back to this place to celebrate where we first met each other. The romantic settings are perfect for a dinner for two.And we absolutely adore the pianist on the platform near the ceiling. Pros + Ambience, Excellent Food Options more
0
Sinbads
Pier 2
Embarcadero Street, San Francisco, CA 94111
(415) 781-2555
After discovering my first breakfast place choice did not open until 11:30, I made my way to Sinbad's on Pier 2. They were open for lunch at 11am! I may have been the only one there at first but they placed me right in front of the window with that beautiful view! I splurged on the seafood omelet ($17) - so delicious it would make Julia Child proud - buttery, creamy and crammed with shrimp, scallops and oysters! And the Bloody Mary was terrific -- a meal on its own! The meal made up for the lousy morning I was having before I got there! Pros + Best omelet ever even for the price! more
0
Anchor & Hope
83 Minna St
San Francisco, CA 94105
(415) 501-9100
Stopping in for an early dinner a few weeks ago. We thought the location and the space was great. It took about 15 minutes before our server acknowledged us. He was apologetic because there was some confusion on who our server was. We didn't even get bread and water, until AFTER our server had made contact. OK...so the service is still working out the kinks. We ordered and got our appetizers quickly...the fries w/ eyes tasted divine and we're lovely and lightly fried, however, for $12, we got maybe 8 or 10 fish that were the size of a small women's pinky finger. Our server apologized for the portion size as he served us. Not good! The couple next to us ordered the same thing and the woman sitting next to me commented that "you can never find fried smelt in restaurants", but I could tell you that Rose Pistola and Kottari do a terrific job. Next we had the trout salad and uni...both were delicious, though you would have to order maybe 6 starters for 2 people to fill up. I don' more
0
Eastside West
3154 Fillmore St
San Francisco, CA 94123
(415) 885-4000
This is your typical neighborhood hangout where locals can eat outside where they have set up tables and chairs just like a lot of the other restaurants there, or just inside at a table or at the bar. We were a big group so we couldn't be seated outside since it was a nice sunny day and the outdoor seating was full. The service was adequate and the food just slightly below. The chef seems to want to spice everything up, regardless if it says so on the menu such as the eggs chesapeake, the pork sandwich and the lobster chowder. The poached eggs seemed almost like a soft-boiled egg. I understand the burger was pretty good, but nothing was outstanding. Pros + outdoor dining Cons - parking more
0
Anchor Oyster Bar
579 Castro St
San Francisco, CA 94114
(415) 431-3990
One of the best little seafood places in San Francisco. Sit at the counter or sit at the tables, the food will not disappoint. Clam chowder, fresh fish, etc, all is excellent and reasonably priced. more
0
Aqua
252 California St
San Francisco, CA 94111
(415) 956-9662
Aqua is one of the most well-known seafood restaurants in San Francisco oftentimes referred to as the best seafood in the Bay Area. Most people think it didnt even lose a step when Mina left and some think it is yet better. Needless to say as someone that loves great seafood I was looking forward to this meal.We pulled into the front of the restaurant got our car valet parked then went in. They had our table ready and things were off to a good start. I cant say that I care much for the stuffy decor but decor isnt a big deal.Service was exceptionalsort of Ill get to that later. The wait staff and sommelier were extremely helpful and friendly they kept our waters filled wine poured bread coming and presented every dish with great knowledge of the food. My mom even had difficulty reading the menu due to the darkness of the restaurant and our waiter brought reading glasses for her What a nice touchAmuse bouche came and it was quite goodthree small dishes. None blew me away but they were ... more
yellowbot.com
0
Pasta Pelican
2455 Mariner Square Dr
Alameda, CA 94501
(510) 864-7427
If your looking for good pasta try the Pasta Pelican Restaurant. The food is great. I always bring home left overs. They have a big selection, the staff are always nice and the cost is very reasonable. I would recommend them to others. more
0
Swan Oyster Depot
1517 Polk St
San Francisco, CA 94109
(415) 673-1101
0
Farallon
450 Post St
San Francisco, CA 94102
(415) 956-6969
A group of coworkers and I were treated to a unforgettable dinner at Farallon. The restaurant is true to the theme of Jules Verne's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. As you walk into the door, you'll see jelly fish floating from the ceiling, and you'll see sea decor throughout the bar area. We were escorted to a private room that felt like an officers dining hall. You know you're in a special place. Looking out of the large windows, there is a large sea shell hanging from the ceiling above the other diners. We were lucky to choose from the regular dinner menu in contrast to a prix fix menu when dinning in a large group. Now I've started to read the book, "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea." My wife and I had the honors of choosing the wine: Capiaux, Gary's Vineyard, 2007 Groth 2006 Pinot Noir Paradigm 2005, Cabernet Sauvignon Sauternes, Chateau Raymond Lafond 1986 For dinner, we ordered (and of course, we tried each other's dishes): Lobster Bisque, amuse bouche, rich and creamy with the taste ... more
1 2 3

...