0
Q:

Why do pizza delivery joints now charge a delivery fee, and you are still expected to tip?

Answers

rank
1
2
I feel like I should give the driver a tip, but when you order an eight dollar pizza and then they charge a three dollar delivery fee if you give a tip you've pretty much paid for another pizza and get nothing in return. I do still tip the driver, but it is just getting to the point where it is too expensive to order pizza after all of the fees. The pizza places need to give a larger portion of the delivery fee to the drivers, or they will start losing employees and business. I could see this fee as a reasonable amount back when gas was close to four dollars a gallon, but now that gas prices have gone down the delivery fees need to be adjusted.
blondee7410 · answered over a year ago

rank
2
1
Well you pretty much tip because that's how they make extra money. I used to work on a pizza place and the delivery charge was only 1.50 2 years ago. You don't have to tip the drivers a lot only 2 dollars is fine with them, because I have spoken to them about it. they appreciate for you to rather give them a 2 dollar tip and be nice then to be a jerk and give them 5 dollars tip.. think about it, it all makes sense. more
answers.yahoo.com
Show 1 comment
rank
2
1
First rule here is that nothing is Free in life! It costs the pizza place money to hire the driver to deliver the pizza to your home. If they do not charge you for delivery, then its simply added into the cost of the pizza. Second of all, the tip is totally up to you but for most people who work in the service industry, a tip is expected expecially if they have to deliver your order to an apartment or in an office building. If you don't want to pay it, then I suggest you go and pick up your pizza from the delivery place! more
answers.yahoo.com
rank
2
1
the delivery fee in most places i have worked goes to the driver for "wear and tear" on their car as well as gas... especially in a place like where I live... most of the roads around here have "pot holes".. and in some cases.. the "pot holes" have "pot holes"... this can do major damage to the suspention of a car. and seeings how drivers don't make much money they can't afford a very "nice" car... got to buy a "beater" just to get around...also... delivery drivers get paid "waiter/waitress" minimum wage... usually around $3.00 per hour.. that is why driver's expect a tip... they are working for "tips" just like a waiter and waitress.
wolf45102 · answered over a year ago
0
Yes. Most delivery places only give the driver a portion of the delivery fee the rest is kept by the store. I had worked for pizza hut for 17 years and toward the end our delivery area expanded to almost 8.5 miles one way and many times I sent a driver on a 16 mile round trip for a reimbursement of 82 cents! Just think of it this way that most of want services so just pay for your services! Now I am not saying that you should tip the guy if he or she is a complete a** but if they are friendly and are helpful then tip accordingly. I currently think that the minimum tip for home delivery should be at least 3 - 4 dollars for larger orders then raise it accordingly. Also take into account if the driver has to lug your order way down a building and if they set up for you or maybe the driver has peppers and parm in a pocket waiting for your request. Please remember that many of these employees have families and do this job because they enjoy it. Tip them accordingly otherwise the only ... more
answers.yahoo.com
Show 2 comments
0
When I order a pizza I don't care if they expect a tip because there not getting it.Delivery charge should be there tip not another tip on top of that. more
answers.yahoo.com
Show 1 comment
0
because the delivery fee goes to the pizza joint ( price of gas food etc going up) but the poor guy schlepping your pizza to you makes minimum wage or less and he gets the tip.. more
answers.yahoo.com
-1
Because they can and we'll pay it. I don't tip when there is a delivery charge, and if the drivers have a problem with that they need to take it up with the company. I've never even seen the same delivery driver twice in a row anyway, so if it bothers him it's not a big deal. more
answers.yahoo.com
Show 1 comment
0
First, order from Santino's Pizza, 401 Mission Oside. Go see a movie at the Regal next door before or after Santino's :) 2nd, It's tough when you take a delivery 10 mins before your quitting time, 3.5 miles away for only a $6.99 sub sandwhich. You get there, and you don't get tipped :( 3rd, good customer service should be appreciated.
Ohquela · answered over a year ago
0
If you dont want to tip, pick it up your damn self!
chrisdw · answered over a year ago

...