Why doesn Geomorph interface with other renderers than POV-Ray, for instance Aqsis or YafRay?

0

0

The Aqsis and YafRay renderers are free like in “freedom”, covered by the GPL for the first, by the LGPL for the second, unlike the current version of POV-Ray (3.6). Why didn’t I choose a free renderer to interface with Geomorph? At the beginning, POV-Ray was the sole renderer I knew. I don’t mind about interfacing Geomorph with other renderers. It’s mainly a matter of knowledge, of time to learn how to use the other renderers and of work to develop the interface functions. I think that these renderers don’t process height maps natively, the images should be converted to meshes before. This could be resource-intensive, but it is feasible. A matter of contribution for the courageous!