Why is ranked in League of Legends so hard to climb?

Entertainment
0
Sam Cordon

0
Quinn Crackerjack

Well, there are many reasons. Personally, I don’t think ranked is hard to climb, I think players fail to realize what ranked actually is and what it takes to climb it.

You see, Riot’s goal with competitive play in League of Legends is that every player should have a 50% chance of winning at the start of a match. Which is what the divisions are meant to do — group together players who have a 50% chance of winning when playing against each other. This way, no player completely dominates the field, and everyone gets to have fun — you win some, and you lose some.

The side effect of that, then, is that unless you are willing to start systematically studying the game and practicing your skills in order to get your win rate above 50%, you won’t climb from your current rank. And even if you do climb, you’ll just start losing more until you fall down the ranks and your win-rate hits 50% again. The ranked system keeps players tied to a string – you’re never supposed to climb too far above the rank that reflects your actual skill level. 

This is a problem for players who approach ranked like the divisions are levels in an MMORPG, where you can just play until you reach max level. That’s not how it works. If you are serious about climbing, you need to treat this like a sport and go deep into practicing, studying, and mastering the game’s mechanics. Hiring a professional League of Legends boosting services may also help you succeed.