Would you be able to tell me whether an insulin dependant diabetic (clear medical history) be able to become a fully qualified PADI instructor?

0

0

Whereas Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus, under certain circumstances, can be compatible with recreational diving, the additional requirements and responsibility involved in instructional underwater activity make diving not advisable in such a capacity. The main problem with Insulin Dipendent Diabetes and Diving is the risk of hypoglycemia while underwater, with the inherent risk of loss of control or consciousness and eventual drowning. A strict control of one’s dietary habits, of the insulin injection timings, as well as a full awareness of the relationship between exercise and blood-glucose levels is essential. All these variables may already be difficult to control in normal circumstances, and, actually, IDDM is considered a relative contraindication to diving, which may be considered only in well controlled cases. The additional burden of the responsibility for a third person, the possibility that the strict required nutritional and drug administration timings, imposed by the d