Am I eligible for registration as a Psychological Associate in Ontario with a Yorkville University Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology?

0

0

The College of Psychologists of Ontario (CPO) regulates admission to the practice of psychology in the province. Only individuals registered with the College can use the term “Psychology” or “Psychological” to describe their professional practice. CPO publishes Registration Guidelines for Psychologists and Psychological Associates. The most recent edition available on their website is dated March 2004. Among the many requirements for registration eligibility as a psychological associate is a general requirement for Ontario residency, an undergraduate psychology major or substantive equivalent, four or more years of post-degree relevant work experience, and additional requirements upon which Yorkville University attendance has no bearing. Students are directed to the CPO website for a fuller explanation of these requirements. With respect to the acceptability of the Yorkville University degree itself, the CPO Guidelines states in Part II(D), Academic Credentials, with respect to academi