Can I replace a two-handle lavatory faucet with a single-handle model? Do all faucets fit all bathroom sinks and tub/showers?

0

0

Yes. Standard-size sink openings and faucet dimensions are used throughout the plumbing industry. However, since there are a few exceptions (such as 4″ spread or 8″ spread), it is a good idea to check sizes first. Bathroom Sinks: Many single- and two-handle faucets are on 4-inch centers, which is the distance between the centers of the hot and cold inlets or mounting bolts. Another popular style for two-handle faucets is the 8″ to 16″ widespread. These faucets come with flexible hook-ups to allow for most adjustments. Tubs/Showers: The distance between hot and cold water supplies for two-handle faucets is generally 8″. The hole opening for single-handle tub/shower combinations may vary. The opening must be smaller than the faceplate of the unit you are installing for proper coverage.