Do I need special shots, medications, or other health precautions in order to travel abroad?

0
10 Posted

0
10

Depending on where you are traveling (especially for less-developed regions), you might need vaccines against hepatitis A and B, chickenpox, pneumonia, typhoid fever, yellow fever, meningitis, Japanese encephalitis, or rabies. Special medication against malaria is available. You may also need to take precautions about eating and drinking. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control provides official travel health information for worldwide destinations. For local specialist advice from U-M Travel Health Clinics, see Inoculations for Overseas Travel.