How can I get a "Police clearance certificate" / "Certificate of good conduct" for visa or emigration?

Add your answer...

1 Answer

The UK police do not issue "certificates of good conduct" or "police clearance certificates", however in our experience foreign embassies will generally accept a police reply under the subject access provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 as a suitable equivalent. Individuals requiring Police Certificates for the purposes of applications for emigration, visas or residency in Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United States of America should download the application form for an ACPO Police Certificate from the ACPO website. Please note that this Certificate is processed entirely by the ACPO Criminal Records Office (ACRO). more
1 more source
Thanks for your feedback!

Related Videos

Not the answer you're looking for? Try asking your own question.