How did Vietnam war impact Cambodia?

0

How did Vietnam war impact Cambodia?

0

The leader of Cambodia, Sihanouk, tried to keep Cambodia neutral as far as its position in the Vietnamese war was concerned. However, North Vietnamese troops began to use Cambodian territory to supply their forces stationed in South Vietnam. Sihanouk was deposed in 1970 by General Lon Noi, who had received the support of the United States. This move led to the Khmer Rouge uprising, led by Pol Pot. Phnom Penh eventually fell on account of these events. Vietnamese troops invaded Cambodia in December, 1978, and Pol Pot’s regime ended. The Vietnamese set up a puppet government in Cambodia. It achieved some success in revitalizing the economy. Cambodia shut itself off to the west. The Vietnames invasions led to the rise of the Khmer Rouge political party, which was Communist by nature. It proposed to help the people out of their situation by moving many citizens from urban to rural areas.

0

In one of the most controversial moves made by the White House during the war, Nixon authorized secret and illegal aerial assaults and ground invasions in Cambodia—a neutral nation on the western border of Vietnam—in order to “search and destroy” enemy sanctuaries in late April of 1970.

0

I believe there were many flights over Cambodia and many dogfights over Cambodia throughout the war, so the people had to deal with crashing airplanes I guess. I would not be surprised either if soldiers used Cambodia to move troops and materials around enemies in South Vietnam. I don’t know much but i think this website should help… http://www.taxivantha.com/1_Cambodia/116…