I am concerned about a child who lives on my street. What do I do?

Law
0

0

First, as hard as this might be, it is important to remember – and accept – that you are often not in a position to get involved. Most of the time, all that you can do is phone the police. If you fear domestic violence or abuse, then you should phone the police and hope that they can deal with it.

Please, do not get involved yourself. Do not knock on the door and try to end the issue yourself. Even if you know these people well, it is often not advised to get involved in a highly charged and emotional situation like this.

You should speak to a child lawyer and get some legal support on what you can do next, but do not take the law into your own hands.