I’m getting a new under layment on my tile roof should I replace the tiles?

0

0

This depends on how old your tile is. If you have really old tile it is sometimes really hard to find tile to match. Roof tiles are like floor tiles they make a style for a while and then they discontinue it. Making it hard to find replacements. Keep in mind no matter how good the tile guys are they will break tile there is no way around this. There is some good news alot of times it dosen’t cost much more to replace the tile as well. Reason is because the bid includes removing and replacing the tile so the replacement might as well be for the new tile so you will be looking at the cost of new tile and a disposal fee for the old. One thing you should consider is the under layment you are putting on. You should opt for the best you can afford a 30# (pound) felt is used as a cheaper measure while 90# cap sheet or Polyglass is used for more expensive installations. Trac homes under layments are almost always a 15 or 30# which is at the bottom variety. SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title: “FAQ”, ur