What are the advantages of using porcelain tiles for outdoor applications?
Porcelain wasn’t the first option in my mind when I was looking to renovate my patio, but it is still the material I ended up using. I was looking for durability and aesthetics, and porcelain delivers on both fronts. Here’s what the material can get you:
- Durability: Porcelain tiles are known for their strength. They are resistant to heavy foot traffic, making them ideal for patios, pathways, or commercial spaces.
- Weather Resistance: Porcelain stands up against varying weather conditions. It can resist frost, sun damage, and even heavy rains, ensuring longevity even in unpredictable climates.
- Low Water Absorption: Porcelain tiles have a low porosity, which means they absorb less water. This reduces the chance of cracks or damage during freeze-thaw cycles.
- Easy Maintenance: Cleaning porcelain is a breeze. Dirt, stains, and algae don’t adhere easily, so a simple wash with water and a mild detergent keeps them looking pristine.
- Variety of Designs: Want the look of natural stone, wood, or even concrete? Porcelain tiles come in a myriad of designs, allowing you to achieve almost any aesthetic you desire. You can see examples on the Freelands Tiles homepage.
And then there is UV light. Porcelain can handle it pretty well, so you choose vibrant colors for your patio and they won’t fade even after years in direct sunlight.
*Sadly, we had to bring back ads too. Hopefully more targeted.